The University of Technology (UTech) has partnered with the German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ) and the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Technical Assistance (REETA) to offer a Master’s Degree Program in Sustainable Energy & Climate Change - the latest result of our cooperation with Utech and it's Jamaica Caribbean Sustainable Energy & Innovation Institute & Faculty of the Built Environment, aiming at providing qualified human resources for the growing energy sector in Jamaica and the wider Caribbbean.
This Master Degree Programme will also:
• be a focus on entrepreneurship and innovation to create local jobs
• Encourage new green business initiatives by its graduates
• be a Multi-disciplinary approach as well as a cross-sectorial approach drawing on the expertise of many faculties within the University
• with their thesis be a business plan to apply for financial support
• contribute to the regional integration in the respective field and reach out to universities in the region.
Germany is very proud to support UTech under this important initiative and wishes a good start for the Program and an ongoing success of the new Master Degree Programme in Sustainable Energy and Climate Change.